Thursday, April 26, 2012

Working Woman to Glamour Goddess!


I recently attended a photography seminar in which the photographer told us that she has a Before & After gallery…and I immediately thought, ‘amazing idea!’

You may wonder why I think this is such a great idea…

One of the reasons I find myself so drawn to working with women is because I personally know how incredibly empowering the experience of a glamour/boudoir/fine art nude shoot can and should be.  Most of us live our lives at a relatively quick pace: rushing from work to home, squeezing in getting groceries, remembering that it’s pajama day at ballet (comes to mind because I forgot this year :(  ), keeping the kids/dogs/husbands fed and in clean clothes, staying in touch with friends and family, and the list goes on and on.  Many of my friends are able to fit in a trip to the salon once in a while and maybe even a workout or two a week, but most are busy enough that the time they spend on themselves is very limited.  <Enter Bella Faccia!>  Imagine showing up for your session, in your jeans and tee, un-styled hair, no makeup…and then being pampered as the hair and makeup artist helps accentuate your inherent beauty followed by a session of us capturing you at your most glamorous!  This experience, in my opinion, has very little to do with ego (although, being honest, what woman doesn't secretly want a shot where she looks smokin' hot!) and everything to do with re-establishing your belief that you are important, beautiful, valued, and worth time and effort toward feeling healthy and strong on a daily basis.

Bella Faccia Studio...chilled champagne and fresh strawberries awaiting my client's arrival
The other reason I believe this gallery is important is because I think many of you may look at images on my site, and others', and think: ‘that is an unattainable goal’, or ‘they must be models’, or ‘I live in Lulu Lemon, I don’t ‘fit’ the part’…enter the Before & After gallery in which you will see women who could be your neighbour, your co-worker, your best friend, your sister, your mother, your xyz!  The Before & After gallery is where you will see women who are just like you! 

It is my intention, with the ‘Before & After’ gallery, to show my clients, who arrive in their daily uniform and from their hectic lives, and who then leave as the sexy, strong, independent, and empowered women they always were but may have neglected or forgotten amidst all of life’s other commitments.  This experience should be fun and relaxing; and, I hope, it also provides a deeper sense of self-worth and a reminder that we must stop putting ourselves at the bottom of the list.


Note: participation in the Before & After gallery is something I request; it is not obligatory in any way!  That said, most of my clients are pretty thrilled with their transformations and are happy to share so that other women will see how amazing the experience will be!

Life is beautiful!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment